Since 1995 I have concentrated on work in the public domain. During this time I have evolved a practice of participatory and collaborative techniques through projects ranging from temporary events/installations to large-scale permanent artworks and cultural strategies for programmes of urban change.
Typically, projects develop over a sustained period of time, working collaboratively within communities and often involving other artists (musicians, film-makers etc) and research expertise (archaeologists, climate scientists, shipbuilders etc).
- From 2000-2005 – Lead Artist for the regeneration of the Gorbals
- City Artist for Inverness 2006–10, I co-founded the arts-led organisation IOTA as part of this project.
- Affiliate Research Fellow of University of Glasgow – working as part of the Solway Centre – Environment and Culture
- Convenor and co-founder of the artist-collective The Stove (Dumfries)
- 2011 Saltire Society Award for Art in Architecture in Scotland
- Scottish Design Awards 2011 – Best Public Realm Project (Stranraer – with Smith Scott Mullan Architects)
- Scottish Design Awards 2011 – Best Community Initiative (Govan)
- Shortlisted for Scottish Urban Regeneration Forum Award 2012 Creativity – for work in Govan with Glasgow Housing Association
- Shortlisted for Creative Scotland Award 2012 Community for NothingAboutUsWithoutUsIsForUs (project with tsBeall presented as part of Glasgow International Festival of Visual Art 2012)